Tuesday, April 27, 2010




I am loom rich these days - but have been also been selling equipment - not mine, but others that have brought in equipment, I use it while it is residing in the studio and then when someone comes looking for a loom, or spinning wheel, off it goes.....works well. I have also been weaving double weave pickup, thanks to a local guild having a workshop and my demonstrating to a student that didn't know what it was, and I was pulled in by the technique. Hadn't done it in a long time - but it is so easy and so effective. I, of course do not weave it traditionally - had enough of that weaving with wool on one layer and linen on the other - the Swedish way! Loved it at the time, but then discovered other threads to use.....

The Studio has been busy with lots of tourists coming through already. I have been going to the studio earlier and earlier to get some concentrated work done...

I took a couple of pictures - an 'arty' picture of my newest teapot - the 25th one and it is a 25th anniversary teapot with wedding bells on it and all.

And the newest warp - bags with simple double weave pickup, or as I always called Finn Vav


No comments:

Post a Comment